Friday, November 04, 2005

Ohio Ball Golfer Hooked on Disc Golf

Golf by any other name is still . . .
Bucyrus Telegraph Forum - OH, United States
...
I had wet feet, dirty pants thanks to a successful retrieval from the Sandusky River and a great time playing disc golf. My sincere thanks to Ken Rollins and two brothers from Marion, whose names escape me, for the formal introduction to the sport. When Rollins asked them if it was all right if a "newbie" filled out the foursome, they wanted to know how new -- months, weeks, days or hours?

None of the above, I told them, "Minutes." I had watched others play several times at courses elsewhere. I had even tried my hand at throwing regular Frisbees at golf targets. But Saturday was the first time I played a hole, much less a complete round.

I'm hooked and as soon as the city is able to commit to making the course permanent at Aumiller Park, I'm going to buy a couple of my own discs. I know I've got some pars and birdies somewhere in this arm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home